Friday, November 6, 2009

Holiday

What is your favorite holiday in your country? Sometimes, it is difficult to tell about my favorite holiday in my country. Of course, there are other holidays, like Thanksgiving day, Children`s day, Nation`s day and so on. From my perspectives, I would choose the New Year`s day as my favorite holiday in my country for the following two reasons; having family gathering and eating delicious foods.
To begin with, people usually meet their family in this day. Generally speaking, it is the day that people meet their grandparents, relatives, and then they say hello to each other. A study conducted by the Minister Of Family in 2007 shows that more than half of people meet their family twice or three times in year due to the fact that it is original day that is supposed to do that. To illustrate this point, when it is the day, people usually go to their hometown through highway by driving car, and then they get to meet their family to say hello to each other. In this context, the New Year`s day offers an opportunity to meet family to say hello.
In addition, we originally get to try some delicious foods. To tell the truth, there are traditional food which represents our ancestor`s wisdom to their descendant. Many experts claim that when people meet their family each other, they naturally get to eat some delicious food. Furthermore, by eating tasty foods together, they have a quality time with each other. People who do this way agree with the above statement. In this regard, trying tasty food provide chance to have a great time with each other to people.
All things considered, the New Year`s day provide people with opportunities to meet their family and eat delicious food. Moreover, it gives us great quality time to get together, and then we naturally feel closer to each other.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    It is same topic that have to do with our New year's Day I wrote. Since I reed your writing, I felt in my country reminiscences again. Also I hoping that as soon as possilbe I spend my time with my family on our holiday.

    ReplyDelete